It is widely known that there is no such thing as an operation involving hazardous materials that has no potential environmental impact. Star Energy Oiltanking is however committed to preserving the environment and ensuring that our operations have the least possible negative environmental adverse effects on humans and the environment.
We are thus committed to:
- Conducting an Environmental Impact Assessment prior to commencing an activity
- Using the best technology and operational practices to mitigate the risks
- Ensuring efficient preventive measures are put in place
- Investing in our integrity management and maintenance programs
- Conducting regular inspections of our tank and pipeline thickness
- Groundwater monitoring
- Monitoring and controlling hydrocarbon emissions
- Minimizing noise pollution
- Review and improve the use of our natural resources
- Following the “4 R’s” for waste management – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover
- Disposing our waste to JAFZA licensed contractors in compliance with all legal regulations
- Developing meaningful KPIs to monitor all our activities
Our certification to the ISO 14001:2015 standard maps out the framework that we follow to set up an effective environmental management system in order to ensure responsible environmental citizenship.
SEOT is a drug and alcohol free company